Currently reading:
POTTERTON 80e problem

Discuss POTTERTON 80e problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dannyhydro

Hi

I have a Potterton 80E. A couple of days ago it cut out with a re-assuring (not) pop pop noise then cut-out.

At first when I re-started - switching electricity off and on at wall - the fan came on straight away. The boiler would fire up and last for a little while before cutting out.

Now when I start it up the fan doesn't come on at all. Occasionally the boiler fires up but cuts out after about ten mins...

I have had my other half turn it on while I have my hand of the pump - next to the emersion heater - and it turns on/ vibrates when the boiler is turned on..

Any ideas as to the problem - or ways I can eliminate / narrow down he problem?

Many thanks

Danny

Was going to say pump but first check water is in the header tank/small tank in roof,ball valve may have got stuck and not refilling tank allowing system to partly empty over period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to POTTERTON 80e problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock