Discuss Potterton Performa 24 keeps melting the venturi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

casaco

47-393-06, I have put three venturis in this boiler in the last 6 months. The upper limit stat has also tripped but not before the venturi melts. I see there is a new upper limit replacement kit, does anyone know what these are about. The original flow thermister has also been replaced with a new part number, any info on that too. thanks.

Ive had this twice b4. Once on a pott performa and once on a 105e. Both times I changed the pcb aswell as Venturi and I've never heard back do I assume I was correct.

I think the fan relay on the pcb drops out occasionally (for this fault) killing power to the fan but leaving power at the gas valve. And there's ur fault

SCARY!!! if this is a common fault caused by the pcb! Surely constitutes a RIDDOR .... If for no other reason than to bring to the attention something potentially catastrophic for the custards boiler :)

SCARY!!! if this is a common fault caused by the pcb! Surely constitutes a RIDDOR .... If for no other reason than to bring to the attention something potentially catastrophic for the custards boiler :)

its a very,very rare fault steve only ever seen it on SE versions not on HE boilers

its a very,very rare fault steve only ever seen it on SE versions not on HE boilers

To be honest mark these kind of occurances were 'common' on the early model fan flued appliances etc.... Well something similar likes of pumps failing .. but a fan failing and allowing the burner to stay on on an FF boiler is seriously worth reporting to HSE IMO!

That's extremly dodgy and why a lot of fan's, over generations, have had to prove they are not working before they can be energised to prove otherwise :) Does that make sense? :lol:

To be honest mark these kind of occurances were 'common' on the early model fan flued appliances etc.... Well something similar likes of pumps failing .. but a fan failing and allowing the burner to stay on on an FF boiler is seriously worth reporting to HSE IMO!

That's extremly dodgy and why a lot of fan's, over generations, have had to prove they are not working before they can be energised to prove otherwise :) Does that make sense? :lol:
it makes perfect sense,but as we know pcb,s will fail in all sorts of weird and smoky ways

Its common to the w/Bosch SE juniors iirc

Similar fault only the aps melts. So both aps and pcb need replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Performa 24 keeps melting the venturi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock