Search the forum,

Discuss Powerflush suitability in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am unsure as to how exactly a pwerflush works. I know it gets sludge moving out of a system and removes it. I would like to know where this sludge ends up. I ask as I have a water treatment plant, no connection to public foul drain. The last thing I want is the contents of pipework rads etc being dumped into the tank. I have a Fernox F1 in the system which collects quite a bit of stuff
regularly.

Yes it ultimately gets flushed to waste, so you may want to collect it and transport it elsewhere for disposal
Right will have to think on that then. Maybe transport it to my daughters and put down her drain.;)
I did see the Adey Magnacleanse and considered that but not sure how it really is better than my TF1 filter.

Hi Bogart,

Anywhere near the house you could have some gravel e.g. a path, then rake it back, tip the gunge and rake back the gravel/shingle. Simple!

Interested if you add fernox F1, as well as the TF1 filter. I've got a spirotech MB3 filter and with Fernox F1 in the system it doesn't seem to collect much. P.S. can't recommend the spirotech as you need to wire on the magnet. Bit of vibration and falls off . . . No damage fortunately.

Cheers,
Roy (very amateur plumber)

Hi Bogart,

Anywhere near the house you could have some gravel e.g. a path, then rake it back, tip the gunge and rake back the gravel/shingle. Simple!

Interested if you add fernox F1, as well as the TF1 filter. I've got a spirotech MB3 filter and with Fernox F1 in the system it doesn't seem to collect much. P.S. can't recommend the spirotech as you need to wire on the magnet. Bit of vibration and falls off . . . No damage fortunately.

Cheers,
Roy (very amateur plumber)
Oh got lots of places I could dump it, though I try to be environmentally friendly as I can. I was not sure if a powerflush was a constantly flushing system using fresh water to replace old and resulting in gallons being dumped in a drain. I mentioned F1 by mistake meaning TF1. I have used Fernox F3 the cleaner. As I say my TF1 collects quite a bit of magnetic material but obviously any non magnetic gunk still circulates, so am not sure if a powerfluss would get shut of this also.

Reply to Powerflush suitability in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached picture from their catalogue. Like on this image ->...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock