Discuss Pressure loss in Heating System post fitting new Expansion Tank in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hopefully, that's the reason for rapid de pressurization, if you wish, you can increase the pressure right now by say 0.5bar (hot) but not > 2.2/2.4bar and see what the pressure is cold in the morning, you can then (should) reset the pre charge/filling pressures tomorrow at your convenience when cold by depressurizing the water side, reduce the pre charge pressure to 1 bar and refill to 1.5bar.

I don't think so Alvin except that its leaking water, I actually prefer to see a slight leak as you know that the nozzle is clear and generally you can just screw shut the cap on top.

I don't like AAV's as, unless they are passing water, you don't know whether they are choked or not which easily happens, you might be able to pick up a manual type of if you prefer the automatic type then maybe renew it if it isn't or hasn't been dribbling the odd drop of water.

I don't like AAV's as, unless they are passing water, you don't know whether they are choked or not which easily happens, you might be able to pick up a manual type of if you prefer the automatic type then maybe renew it if it isn't or hasn't been dribbling the odd drop of water.
John, I don’t think I have ever seen any water dribbling from the AAV. I get a squirt of water when I depress the valve on top?

A AAV has got nothing to depress on the top to my knowledge, I have cleared them out with one of my sewing needles by sticking it down through the nozzle, can you post a photo?,

A AAV has got nothing to depress on the top to my knowledge, I have cleared them out with one of my sewing needles by sticking it down through the nozzle, can you post a photo?,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 12

Reply to Pressure loss in Heating System post fitting new Expansion Tank in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back