Discuss Pressure loss in new loft (unvented cylinder) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Ideally you should still have 20lpm upstairs but let’s say 2 bar 15lpm is ok in the loft

All checked.
Ideally you should still have 20lpm upstairs but let’s say 2 bar 15lpm is ok in the loft
Ok so I've now checked -

Pressure at water meter - 3.5-4bar
Flow rate at water meter - 20lpm

Pressure outside tap - 3-3.5bar
Dynamic pressure outside tap - 2.5-3 bar
Flow rate outside tap - 20lpm

Pressure in 1st floor bathroom - 2.5 bar

Pressure in loft - 2.2bar
Flow rate in loft - 13 lpm (from a shower hose without the showerhead)

The flow rate seems to be dropping quite considerably from the outside tap to the 2nd floor, but I think pressure's probably okay..?

What do you think?

They look just about there depends how much of a good shower you want

If your happy with first floor bathroom shower then you shouldn’t notice any difference

But if you do like a good shower only way is to control the water pressure yourself eg dab pump in my above link you can set it to 4 bar etc providing the issue is just your incoming mains water

They look just about there depends how much of a good shower you want

If your happy with first floor bathroom shower then you shouldn’t notice any difference

But if you do like a good shower only way is to control the water pressure yourself eg dab pump in my above link you can set it to 4 bar etc providing the issue is just your incoming mains water
Thank you. I do want a good, strong shower. Do you think installing a pump will be more effective than a mains pipe replacement in this scenario?

It all depends on what the water supplier can give you, you already have a good supply I doubt your loosing / they can increase it by replacing the mains

With a lot of showers being “eco’d” to 9lpm I would have thought 13 acceptable to any planet loving grown-up.

Seriously though, have you tried a proper air incorporating shower head, like Hansgrohe raindance etc? You’ll be surprised at the perceived differences…

Reply to Pressure loss in new loft (unvented cylinder) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock