Discuss pressure problem with pump in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

You I have a jet pump and bladder tank.
the water pressure is fine when I open a tap. then psi lowers and pump comes on when it reaches 30 psi. but it cannot get back to 50 psi. the pump keeps running as long as the tap is turned on. as soon as you shut the tap the pump gets the psi back to 50 psi and shuts off

What is a jet pump and bladder tank?. Is it a negative head pump with a small pressure vessel mounted on top, if so, the pressure drops when you open a tap, the pump starts and will continue to run until the tap is shut and the flow switch detects no flow.

What is a jet pump and bladder tank?. Is it a negative head pump with a small pressure vessel mounted on top, if so, the pressure drops when you open a tap, the pump starts and will continue to run until the tap is shut and the flow switch detects no flow.
you are not familiar with jet pumps? . I have a well with a jet pump and pressure tank in basement. the pressure turns the pump on when get below 30 psi and shuts the pump off when it gets to 50 psi even when the water is running. now it will not reach 50 psi with the water running, that is the problem

Is the bladder set correctly ie hasn’t lost its charge ?

Is this "pressure tank" ~ 20 litres or so?. or is it part of a bigger storage tank?.
If its a multistage pump then maybe hole in one of the diffusers, you may be able to reduce the cut out pressure by 5 psi or so.

If you can give a reasonable estimate of the pressure vessel size and the pre pressure and time how long it takes to rise from 30 to 50 psi (with no water demand) I can tell you what the pump output is which may help.

Is this "pressure tank" ~ 20 litres or so?. or is it part of a bigger storage tank?.
If its a multistage pump then maybe hole in one of the diffusers, you may be able to reduce the cut out pressure by 5 psi or so.

If you can give a reasonable estimate of the pressure vessel size and the pre pressure and time how long it takes to rise from 30 to 50 psi (with no water demand) I can tell you what the pump output is which may help.
there is only one 20 gallon tank. it only takes a few minutes once the tap is shut to reach 50 psi and shut of. but can never get above 30 once tap is open

This would indicate that it's pumping - 50/60 LPM in filling the tank. If the pressure stays at 30psi even with the tap just cracked open then that indicates to me that the pump is variable speed and controls the pressure to 30 psi until no demand and then rises to 50psi and cut out.

Reply to pressure problem with pump in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock