Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure release problem.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Glow worm betacom 28 not holding pressure changed prv twice with prvs I had in-stock....literally top it up to 1.5bar and it will drop immediately through prv. Don't know if I'm being thick but must be a crack or something in the hydro location I can't see. They are over £100. Can I just cap existing prv and fit an external prv on pipework? Is that acceptable?

Does the boiler have valves ?

Yep sorry to say needs to say unless they do a remote kit like Worcester which removes the prv

Managed to finally source a part number and order part. Was only £26 next day delivery. Still an expensive but of plastic.

Could the pressure gauge be goosed?
Reading 1.5 but actually 3 bar?

I thought this but no because it completely empties the boiler... It seems like the prv isn't seating properly. Can't imagine I have two genuine prvs faulty so can only really assume it's the bloc?? Couldn't see anything obvious tho.

The pr valve must be holding if you can pressurise to 1.5 bar? Does it discharge before you call for heat? Can you see where it is discharging.
Does it bang as it discharges indicating pressure spike or quietly run out. If it runs quietly I would assume the prv is still defective.

Slow trickle out of prv whilst pressurising system. It will go upto 1.5bar but just trickle back out to nothing within 30 seconds. I ended up changing the whole hydrobloc which cured the problem. Can't see any obvious split in hydrobloc tho.

Reply to Pressure release problem.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock