Discuss Price in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David66316

Hi
Was wondering how much everyone charges for small simple jobs because I'm not sure if I'm charging right or not,
For example changing a set of bath taps which involved taking the plastic side panel off, hack sawing one of the taps of cas it was seized on then replacing taps in an awkward tight spot, I charged £30 plus parts, now I think that's cheap, but custard didn't?

It will depend on location and circumstances but in this case I'm pretty sure you are right, custard is wrong!

Hope that helps...

I dont think anyone would pay me that round here, And it's hard enough trying to find any work at the moment :( but I will start charging more than I have been. Cheers

dependigon milage 75 minimum , pay peanuts get monkeys try getting a better clientele basis . how long you been in trade

as a rough guide

total your yearly running costs(van,tools,registrations,training,office, etc......) add holiday pay, divide that into cost per day(ie. 365days -104 for weekends - 20 for holidays = 241day at work), divide that into 8 hours.

cost of materials + running cost hours + petrol +labour+ profit(dont forget to allow for tax's and/or vat) = price

or just £60 cash ;)

Ive only been up and running for a couple of months, so haven't got a massive customer base, and £60 sounds much better to me, how did you all find work when you first started out? Cheers

Might be loads of plumbers in your area but equally there'll be loads of plumbers who aren't interested in these small jobs.

Keep doing the small jobs and some will turn into bigger ones. Then you'll be one of those plumbers who don't want to spend time doing small jobs.

Agree with above with £30 being too cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Price in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back