Search the forum,

Discuss Pro Screw boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T & H Plumbing

Hi chaps im a little stuck and cant really find anything usefull

im after a box of screws (the ones with different sizes in one box) sutible for plumbers anyone know of any decent ones on the market?

I've got a 2 tier one from Toolstation 2 1/2.8's and 10s 3+4 and plugs in bottoms 2-10s and smaller in top

Screws are screws surely? always helpful to have a large selection and then just replace as they get used.

edit

Also, as you are just setting up in business I wouldnt worry about stocking up too much. Buy what you need for each job for a while, you'll eventually find your stock of things increasing slowly and you wont have spent a fortune early on in your career.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdens joinery (kitchen suppliers) do a decent metal case full of screws, also Screwfix of course, I have a case from both places.

if you can hold out with just a couple of sizes till the new year.
screwfix usually have some in the sale at really low prices,
I got 5 boxes! for £40 inclusive of vat ( that 5x£8 )

Screwfix quick silver are good for fixing into masonry. They are not really meant for fixing into wood though so get a tray of gold screws or gold plus for this. I do a lot of work with a joiner so get fussy about what I use!

I carry quicksilver, goldscrew, and turbo gold and use what ever suits the job.

2" 8s 2" 10s 3"10 that's my usual shopping list

Yep, that's pretty much it. I keep a few 1 1/4" and 1" for more delicate stuff like ply for boxing-in but mainly the biggies for hanging boilers and pipe clips etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pro Screw boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock