Search the forum,

Discuss Probationary Registration Inpection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommo25

Gas Engineer
I’ve got my local inspector coming out to see my work next month as I’m newly gas safe registered.
Anyone got any advice to put the nerves at ease, and what to expect. I’ve done a few jobs that I can show him/her mostly boiler and fire services. Also done a couple of boiler installations along side the guy I trained with. I’ve recorded all jobs I’ve done also.

Just stay relaxed and u will be fine. I had mine a couple months back and I was the same as you. I went to a boiler install I done and just went through the basics. Gas test, safety procedures , fga. Working pressure standing pressure etc. What to do in certain criteria’s. Half of them I explained what and why I was doing and he just said ok u understand let’s move on. Was with me for 30-40 mins. Proper nice fella and just talked about crazy stuff he has come across . Just a couple questions on fires and hobs. All basic stuff. It’s a doddle and they are there to help! All the best.

Done one last year, make sure you have everything with you, paperwork, warning labels, temporary bonding clamps they will ask to see everything, at the time, one of my analysers was being calibrated and my clamps were in the bag, he didn't mind but noted it down, he just followed me to two services, asked me to basically carry out a service and explain everything I was doing, asked some questions, filled out his paperwork, checked some of my paperwork, and left, as long as you're confident in what you do, its just like having a nosey customer with you nothing to worry about they're not there to catch you out, all they want to know is that you're working safely and know what you're doing the guy they sent to me was a really nice guy hes welcome any time, hope that helps.

The inspector isn't there to catch you out, they make allowances for nerves as well. The inspectors have a lot of industry experience and can probably tell if you know your stuff within the first five minutes.

You must have the minimum equipment necessary to do your job safely.
Simple list;-
Disconnection items
Stationery, warning notices labels etc.
FGA calibrated
Flue testing pellets/matches
FJC
Clamps
Closure plate tape
Meter Union washers
Manual any will do

Questions will vary depending on which modules you hold, fires, cookers boilers etc.

they are there primarily to check you are working safely, your knowledge is ok and to offer advice and guidance.
Relax and enjoy!

Inspetions are daunting tbh I lit shat myself on my first one but my god they do put you at ease so honestly I really wouldn't worry just do what you do and be safe simple as that really....
Oh and have the right tools for the job and ld fluid pls labels mine was hot on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Probationary Registration Inpection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
C
I found this forum on google as I need advice. Before I start, I know nothing about plumbing or central heating systems other than what I’ve read online. I’ll explain, basically we rent, sane place for 8 years and for quite a number of those years we’ve had to top up the boiler pressure way more...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a Viessmann Vitogas 100, installed about 17 years ago by a previous homeowner. It also is the boiler for hot water, so it runs all summer in hot water only mode. I’ve turned the heating component back on, but it’s not working properly. It would appear the circulation pump stops working...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock