Discuss Problem fitting new ceramic cartridge in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I had a leaking basin mixer tap. The Methven brand tap was leaking through the top. I was able to source 2 new replacement ceramic cartridges (1 as a spare). Both are identical to the old one. When I put either of the new ones into the tap & put it back together, the water won't turn on. There is only 1 way the cartridge can go in, so that's not the issue. As soon as I turn the tap on there is a hissing noise like the water is being shut off.
I'm trying to establish what I'm doing wrong. Surely both of the new cartridges can't be faulty ??

20220822_171947.jpg
20220822_171923.jpg
20220822_171927.jpg
20220822_171942.jpg
20220822_171934.jpg

Unlikely that both are faulty unless a bad batch. Could you be more specific on the tap model?
Hi
Thanks for replying i dont have a model number. See photos attached

Reply to Problem fitting new ceramic cartridge in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock