Discuss Programmer or Froststat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a problem with CH running continuously which I traced to a stuck two post valve (S plan system). That solved the issue but then I noticed the hot water is also on continously even if switched off at the progammer and irrespective of tank thermostat setting. With system powered off the 2 port valve closed completely. But swapped the HW and CH actuators over as a test and the HW still on continuously. Foolishly assumed probable tank thermostat issue (as the knob been broken off a while ago). Changed the tank thermostat and still HW on constinuously. I am presuming that the old Scottish Gas UP1 programmer is faulty but before I get a replacement thought would ask here. There is a frostat on the system but presumably that would not hold the HW port open if its faulty?

Check what power you have at the wiring centre for the hot water zone valve. (If you are confident enough)

No need. Thinking about it, even if the programmer was at fault, the tank thermostat should have shut the HW off (assuming the wiring was correct), so decided to look at the Froststat and it literally fell apart as I took the cover off. Disconnected tha cable and HW went off. Problem solved.

Thank you for that. Most dont care so its appreciated. :)
It gets very tedious to help out the blatently rude. 

On a plus side they did come back and let us know it was sorted.

No just disappear into the internet wilderness until the new time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Programmer or Froststat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back