Search the forum,

Discuss Promote business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bruno lang

Starting out in September doing boiler servicing,commissioning and repair and system powerflushing but want to find out how all other service engineers promote themselves and which they find more effective! Worthwhile canvassing plumbers who don't service, commission and do powerflushes? Property management companies who rent properties for people? Any advice greatly appreciated. Will be oftec registered and all that good stuff!!

All you can do is get your name out there, I started up in September too and I'm chugging along slowly but nicely all I've done is

Set up Facebook business page (spam it like mad on your local for sale sites)
8k leaflets thru local doors (had 3 jobs, but 1st job payed for the outlay)
I joined My builder.com ( I've had 60% of my trade thru this)
Friends and family ( I got lucky, dine a lot of cheap work for them, WORD OF MOUTH trade is the key to getting your business out there

My next steps will be local paper adverts
Phone book advert
Website (have one under construction)

I'm only in the early stages myself but if no one knows you exist, no one will use you, get the business out there ;)

Good luck dude

Thanks! It will be a slow process! Facebook page set up with 150 likes in 2 days so it's a start! Have about 50 services and commissionings done as nixers in past 5 months with no advertising and who will probably all be repeat customers. Will have business cards in few local hardwares and also in local plumbing suppliers. Small jar of magnetite sludge alongside business cards a good way to promote the powerflushing?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there much demand for commissioning work in domestic? I'd imagine engineers would commission their own installs...

Is there much demand for commissioning work in domestic? I'd imagine engineers would commission their own installs...
Not here in ireland! Boiler usually just fitted and not commissioned. I can't say much as we were guilty of it ourselves! A lot of plumbers Wudnt know how to commission a boiler. Some are hard set to put the boiler in even! Homeowners getting more conscious of the warranty now whereas before the boiler passport was thrown in back of drawer! Haven't been to one job yet that I haven't been asked what the hell the flue gas analyser is! Visited Grant few weeks back and talks of oftec being mandatory here Nxt year do noes the time to start up and get name out there

hi Bruno im also in Ireland best of luck with your new venture but don't hold your breath re oftec being mandatory here next year im at it 5 years now and its the same old story every year since I started

hi Bruno im also in Ireland best of luck with your new venture but don't hold your breath re oftec being mandatory here next year im at it 5 years now and its the same old story every year since I started
Thanks! Was up wit Grant few weeks back for a day and don't need to be oftec at moment to commission but there changing that in the next year so hopefully firebird and warmflow follow suit

it would be great if and I mean if it happens the problem as I see it oftec have no clout in Ireland and until the oil industry here is regulated like the gas then its as good as its going to get don't get me wrong if everybody was to work to the standard oftec expect it would be a better system to work in

Parish magazines and local shops - put ads in all of them. As above, leaflet leaflet leaflet, you will get returns off them in small numbers but people keep them for years! Get in with Mums at schools, ask everyone you deal with to mention you to friends and neighbours, people are very happy to recommend. Offer a 'street deal' 2 or more people on the same street on the same day get a 10% discount. Sign write your van or have a a frame board that you put up outside the house you are in so the nosey neighbour sees who you are and what you are doing.

Parish magazines and local shops - put ads in all of them. As above, leaflet leaflet leaflet, you will get returns off them in small numbers but people keep them for years! Get in with Mums at schools, ask everyone you deal with to mention you to friends and neighbours, people are very happy to recommend. Offer a 'street deal' 2 or more people on the same street on the same day get a 10% discount. Sign write your van or have a a frame board that you put up outside the house you are in so the nosey neighbour sees who you are and what you are doing.
Safer I don't hang around schools or I cud be linched!!! Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Promote business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock