Discuss PRV on W/B Greenstar 28i Junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a customer with a constantly leaking PRV. Just had a look through the manual and it says the hydraulic block has to be removed to replace! Has anyone done one of these and can it be changed without stripping half the boiler out?!

No its a real pain in the A last one we did it was quicker to lift boiler off wall.

Got a customer with a constantly leaking PRV. Just had a look through the manual and it says the hydraulic block has to be removed to replace! Has anyone done one of these and can it be changed without stripping half the boiler out?!

went on the worcester one day course and they said it was possible - even let us do one in the training van - but i am sure theres must have been moded in some way as the one i did on a boiler a few months later was a right pain - i ended up chiseling the plaster off the wall behind to give me space to remove the valve.

It's easier to drop the boiler off the wall, if its possible. Taking the hydro block out just causes loads of leaks. I've done a couple of these and just dropped the boiler off the wall and changed that way.

It is a pain, I still cant believe they ever though it was a good place to put it.

If the pipes are not rising, you can get your hand up the back if you cut and disconnect the cold. Quicker than lifting it off.
A stupid place to put them tho.

Undo the nuts at the bottom undo the screws on the flue pull the bottom out and swap it. Not the easiest but worcester do like to make prv's a pain I think its the 240 who the hell thought of that.

not done this before. but read on another post to drill out the rivets from underneath and take the bottom plate off and change it that way and once done rivet it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV on W/B Greenstar 28i Junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Dyno have fitted a PRV under the kitchen sink in an attempt to resolve a H/W cylinder popping noise and issues with mixer taps, which...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have a dripping 3 bar prv despite pressure never going above 2 bar when heating is on. I’ve replaced the prv and the problem persists. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Kevinb
K
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock