Discuss PRV Termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

raffuk

On a condensing boiler is there anything wrong with terminating the copper prv pipe into plastic soil pipe. Both Condensing pipe and PRV have been terminated at nearby soil pipe.

you have to visually see if the prv is passing as dancinplumba said

Thanks guys. If it did blow out, does it blow at a temperature that could melt part of the plastic soil pipe? Is it worth calling back the plumber to correct it, installation was done 3 weeks ago

It could pass through a visible tundish on the inside if no other option maybe

Thanks guys. If it did blow out, does it blow at a temperature that could melt part of the plastic soil pipe? Is it worth calling back the plumber to correct it, installation was done 3 weeks ago
as eco says but requires a trap after tundish. do you have any pictures you can upload, carnt understand why your "plumber" has done this ?

would be best to put a tundish and hepvo valve in and use push fit not solvent waste.

would be best to put a tundish and hepvo valve in and use push fit not solvent waste.

im not doubting what you are saying, but why cant you use solvent for blow off, it is designed for use as sink wastes and quite often boiling water gets put down there

You can't use ABS solvent weld for high temperature blow offs, I know Osma's push fit range is suitable for high temperatures. Any waste pipe/fittings taking high temperatures must comply to BS 5254 or BS EN 1451 also it must be clipped at maximum 300mm apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV Termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock