Discuss Public knows best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

So many people dont believe you when you've trained and this is your profession!

Take my parents for example:

COMBI BOILER
Run DHW and pressure drops from 1bar to 0.5bar.
Said its most likely expansion vessel or crack in heat exchanger
Their reply 'no it isnt, the hot water just needs topping up' i laugh at this all the time, since i was 16 i knew that the pressure gauge is heating only not DHW.
They live in the past and still thinks it needs topping up.

Soooo many customers think topping up their pressure will increase and make their hot water much better.
You tell them and they think you are lying. Like why would you lie about something like that?! I think ill make up a better lie if i was!
Idiots (including my parents) lol

Rant over!

Lol awheating, well my mother ant correct about this...
Also i dont like her philosophy of "if its not broken and works then why fix it"

Only bothered if they have hot water and heating.
As soon as that goes they wont leave me alone to fix it

I had the same sort of problem with my dad. Retired builder. They've just moved up to Diss. He ran new heating pipes in plastic then fitted chipboard flooring glued and screwed. Told him to pressure test it first. "no need for that, it's a bit of plastic boy" if only he'd bought inserts!!

I recently confiscated the in-laws' filling loop and told them to call me when they need it.

Lol what do you guys normally do when your family starts hassling you about fixing stuff like boilers etc? My dads quite handy, installed bathroom, kitchen, radiators however never touched stuff like gas or electric's (apart from basics like changing sockets etc) when i was young

Lol what do you guys normally do when your family starts hassling you about fixing stuff like boilers etc? My dads quite handy, installed bathroom, kitchen, radiators however never touched stuff like gas or electric's (apart from basics like changing sockets etc) when i was young
Got a few love jobs in the pipeline. Hate doing anything for my sister after she complained about the bill (parts only - free labour) when I discovered her open vented cylinder had no open safety vent and repaired it. Cheeky pig.

Don't get me started on trying to explain how TRVs actually work to these guys.

Why should we know more than the public?!?

We've only trained/worked in plumbing for X number of years, come across vast numbers of problems to do with plumbing & most times solved them!

Whereas the public have read it in a book, on the Internet or watched a YouTube video so automatically know more than we do!

We're just a way for them to spend some money & moan about it endlessly!

Let's face it, the public know more than us about our jobs!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Public knows best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock