Discuss Public Liability Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smudger

I'm a new business and I'm struggling to find reasonablt priced insurance. Quotes that I've had exclude all hot work, which seems a bit pointless for a plumber. Either that or its around £500 pa. Does that sound about right?

direct line business. i pay £4.10 a week. which is about 200 quid a year, i can use a blowtorch unlike with some policies. tools cover is extra...

not the most comprehensive but its pretty cheap

KJ

The AXA one included hot work (not oxy) but no tools, £2m pl which is req by some approved contractor schemes, but thats approx £550 pa. Think I'll check out DL, sounds better. Thanks Kay-Jay (seems like many people don't have any pl insurance - madness!)

madness indeed!

i heard tell of a bloke who about 2 months ago accidentally clobbered a load bearing wall with a mini jcb the house damn near fell down apparently gonna cost him in the region of 100k to put right. guess what??? yep he had no pl insurance....he now has to sell his own house to raise the funds necessary. he's in his late 50's and has basically lost everything he has ever worked for.

KJ

I was talking to a plumber a couple of months ago, been in the trade for over 30 years and he has set fire to 3 houses! (He's actually a great plumber) :)

I have direct line, similar price to Kay-Jay, you can also pay monthly for no extra cost. The only thing about my policy is it says I am not covered for full central heating installs, not a problem at the moment as I am not a qualified heating engineer. However I hope to one day so the premium may go up.

I got mine with Insurantz.com for £168, paid monthly. residential only though but with torch.

Im with Direct line too and pay 8.49 per month which covers blow torches and pl upto 2 million try them i find them quite reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Public Liability Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock