Discuss Purging procedure question...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes two tests . regardless what regs say I always do a test afterwards as i like to sleep 100% sound LOL

am the same before and after and use my sniffer to test when theres gas there when purging

Using a sniffer is not a good idea when purging. It will pick up small amounts of gas and definitely won't tell you when you have 90% gas unless you are spending around a grand for a gasco.
Do it the way it says in the book.

never been a problem for me, i just wait till it goes off the scale have ye seen how much gas comes out when doing 5 times the on the meter so to speak i no what it says in the book but that scares me the amount of gas into someone house and i no lots of people and not met anyone who does it that way all say the same, scary

It is not in the least scary if you think about it. Unless you were purging into a box of 0.2m3 (less than 2 ft x 2ft x 2ft) then you will never get anywhere near lfl's.

never been a problem for me, i just wait till it goes off the scale have ye seen how much gas comes out when doing 5 times the on the meter so to speak i no what it says in the book but that scares me the amount of gas into someone house and i no lots of people and not met anyone who does it that way all say the same, scary

sorry but there is NOTHING scary about purging as per procedure, first thing is to purge to ventilated area= no build up of gas to 5-15% also you advise no smoking or electrical switches on or off, and TBH it takes what 20-30 secs to purge the correct volume via a cooker, no risk in doing the job as per procedure

sorry but there is NOTHING scary about purging as per procedure, first thing is to purge to ventilated area= no build up of gas to 5-15% also you advise no smoking or electrical switches on or off, and TBH it takes what 20-30 secs to purge the correct volume via a cooker, no risk in doing the job as per procedure

dont disagree with u kirkgas thats not my point done it that way by the procedure few times and thats an awful lot of gas took ages to clear,i usually purge thro the cooker first then at the boiler with my sniffer plus on some jobs you can only just get at the meter to cap it never mind purging and gas rates (that doesnt mean am not gas rating just using as a example)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Purging procedure question...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back