Discuss Puzzling trip out on Trianco TRO in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Problem I have with a vintage TRO

The burner kept tripping out every few hours. Burns well normally, good readings, no soot. The normal thing of course is to assume it's the solenoid coil which I did. Continued to trip but less frequently, maybe twice per day. Changed the solenoid valve as well and it's improved but still trips a couple of times a week. The pump isn't that old (Danfoss BFP type used to replace the old MSLA type about 3 years ago).

My next thoughts are:

Dodgy pump
Photocell
Nozzle

However the infrequency of the trips has me puzzled

Anyone else had this problem? What did you do?

Could be transformer or maybe oil filter but I guess you would have checked that.

Assuming everything obvious seems good ( strong spark, strong & quick to start motor, etc) then I would say control box or photocell. Either can do this one or two days ok, then tripping suddenly. Photocells will catch you out as you don't see this too often.
BHO11/12 boxes when fairly old have the contact points inside them burned, like you got with car points years ago (for those old enough to remember :grin:) & all they need is a rub between them with emery cloth.

It's puzzling as the boiler can run for a couple of days before tripping.

Trianco tech support said it was most likely the fuel - they are getting asked about this problem quite regularly at the moment.

Their proposal was to firstly to set manually with a more orange flame (use smoke pump and back off to 0-1) or use a more sensitive photocell and if that doesnt work, drill a hole through the blast tube in line with the photocell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Puzzling trip out on Trianco TRO in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I have an old but good Trianco EuroStar 50-60 (S) oil fired boiler with a Riello RBL G5 BF burner which has been well maintained and regularly...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm looking for advice to help my heating engineer fix my problem! He actually installed the unit. It’s a 3 year old oil boiler, a...
Replies
Views
L
Hello all. And merry Christmas to you all. Trianco TRO 28/32 approx. 30 years old. Recent burner lock out problems identified as caused by no...
Replies
Views
loanheadhouse
L
P
I hope someone can help. I think I need a Danfoss 057L0001 control but these are obsolete. Perhaps someone has one on the shelf which they will...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock