Discuss question about burner pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumberbd

hi
i worked with a gas safe engineer as a trainee. once we went to sevice a boiler (potterton ff55). the label saying burner pressure (hot) 13.0mb. existing pressure was 8mb. my boss raised it to 12mb. i asked him the reason for raising the pressure but he never explained to me, he looked a bit confused. i dont work with him anymore. could anyone tell me please if he done it right. its still bugging me. thanks

thats strange, it should of been set at 13mbar exactly how data plate is asking for it.

Or the 'U' gauge was slightly underfilled and added both readings and divided by two.
Ps, don't try this on a digital manometer!

Maybe it was a range rated boiler and the engineer adjusted the heat input precisely. Or maybe it was already set correctly and he felt the need to reset it for some reason.
The only way to be sure is to track the guy down and ask him!

8 mbar sounds quite low, normaly boilers will give you 3 different bp settings so 8mbar was probably too low so he may have upped it to the min setting displayed on the data badge although 13 doesn't sound like its the min setting.

The FF55 max BP is 13MB.

Was the boiler at full temperature? As the BP usually will rise slightly as boiler heats, so rather than wait for this, maybe he was making a judgement of 12MB cold and as it heats it will approach the 13MB max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to question about burner pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock