Discuss Quooker replace tap-and-twist PCB in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Alan

Thanks. Might give it a try later. Found a Dutch video where the person said it prises off, but that could be how you get too the brass ring where the magnet is located.

Mine is definitely threaded.
The brass ring is held in place by 2 plastic pins
Just tried and mine initially loosened but then just turns. Goes from stiff to loose depending where it is on the turn... maybe the spout has to come off after all? Will have another go later.

Just tried and mine initially loosened but then just turns. Goes from stiff to loose depending where it is on the turn... maybe the spout has to come off after all? Will have another go later.
I don't think taking the spout off will help you much. Quite an involved task (see earlier post). You may have snapped the plastic pins which hold the brass ring in place? In which case both rings may be turning together rather than separating? Make sure the connecting wires are loose from the valve body before trying to lift the brass ring away - you may snap one of the wires.

Sorry for the delay, have had a bit of a few days. I think you're right about the plastic pins and might be why mine doesn't work all the time if it's moved slightly.
I have made a temporary fix as I haven't got the time to strip it all down, it works every time now!

Temp fix was to attach a 5mm X 1.5mm round magnet to the knurled knob. It magnetises itself to the existing magnet in the ring and gives it the right amount of magnetism to operate the tap.
PXL_20231009_181422696.jpg

Sorry for the delay, have had a bit of a few days. I think you're right about the plastic pins and might be why mine doesn't work all the time if it's moved slightly.
I have made a temporary fix as I haven't got the time to strip it all down, it works every time now!

Temp fix was to attach a 5mm X 1.5mm round magnet to the knurled knob. It magnetises itself to the existing magnet in the ring and gives it the right amount of magnetism to operate the tap.View attachment 85244
The “temporary fix” with a magnet works! Thanks very much.

Reply to Quooker replace tap-and-twist PCB in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock