Discuss Radiator banging / clicking - possible reaction to F1 protector? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I see the point about increased possibility of cycling (ON/OFFing) of the boiler with a reduced flow temperature, but can't see why that would start separately from the boiler change. Obviously if the old boiler was underpowered, it would run flat out to try to get the temperature up whereas if the new boiler is oversized, it will have to cycle to avoid overheating. I suppose increasing the boiler setpoint will increase the required heat output, but ultimately the room will reach the set temperature and then the system will cycle instead. May be less in terms of cycling, but probably won't eliminate it.

Can you remind us what make and model boiler you have please?

I see the point about increased possibility of cycling (ON/OFFing) of the boiler with a reduced flow temperature, but can't see why that would start separately from the boiler change. Obviously if the old boiler was underpowered, it would run flat out to try to get the temperature up whereas if the new boiler is oversized, it will have to cycle to avoid overheating. I suppose increasing the boiler setpoint will increase the required heat output, but ultimately the room will reach the set temperature and then the system will cycle instead. May be less in terms of cycling, but probably won't eliminate it.

Can you remind us what make and model boiler you have please?
Ugh I don't understand the issues I'm getting with this forum. Both on my PC and tablet, a few seconds after it loads everywhere has a grey filter making everything so hard to read. It is like something is blocking it.
Anyhow, I can just about read it and read it no problem when i log out!

This is the boiler:
LOGIC HEAT H18

Hi There

Try clearing your browsing history and cookies.

Reply to Radiator banging / clicking - possible reaction to F1 protector? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock