Discuss Radiator thermostat leaking ? waxy stuff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi...home radiator valve ( Gold TRV GT- 15)....small leak when cold. Seems to be a green waxy material. When hot the water evaporates. Does the plastic temp control need tightening ..or a new T piece? thanks.

Hi,
sounds like you may need a little help, this could be a simple job like tightening a gland but if it breaks you'll have allot of very hot dirty water to deal with.
The head on the plastic valve will unscrew though and you can have a better look at where the leak is coming from.

Thanks...I have removed the rotary control....the brass and white plastic nuts where dirty...presumably a build up of the wax material...cleaned his and was able to ( carefully tighten the plastic nut and replace!! lets see.

I think you need a new valve. You need to register with a user name to receive replies on the forum.
Better to register and repost

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator thermostat leaking ? waxy stuff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock