Discuss Radiators and online shopping question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

christmasfairy

Hi all,

The re-plumbing has begun, we need radiators, we are going for cast iron in certain rooms, but looking for rolled top
regular radiators everywhere else. We will also be having Honeywell Evohome system.

What would be a good radiator brand to look at? Myson?

ALSO, need to order bathroom suite, have been and looked around at different places but nothing really knocks my socks off, are there any good online bathroom places that are good/recommended/reliable/as good as they look in the pictures???

Thank you

:santa3:

have a look here Eastbrook Company - Affordable Luxury i use their stuff all the time it is good value and good quality

+1 to that although I would avoid their taps like the plague as some of them are supplied with seals that are too small to fit them to basins. Bristan taps are the way ahead imo. We order most of our stuff from Eastbrook though. They are good at sorting stuff out if there are any issues down the line.

personally I wouldnt even touch online rads, prefer to see the stuff in the merchants and be able to reject faults at pickup. To many times I've unwrapped online purchases for customers to find delivery damage or the fact they were probably seconds.

personally I wouldnt even touch online rads, prefer to see the stuff in the merchants and be able to reject faults at pickup. To many times I've unwrapped online purchases for customers to find delivery damage or the fact they were probably seconds.

Fair enough, yes thats fair, and i am fussy. So tell me, when i go to a merchant, what brands should i be looking for and which should i avoid?

We found some we like the look of- Myson- are they any good or are they going to start leaking in 5 years and ruin my carpets? ;-)

all rads will fail if the heating system is installed badly, a cheap rad will outlast an expensive one if the installer has done a proper job of ensuring there are no micro leaks, the inhibitor levels are correct having flushed out the installation debris and flux. It becomes obvious which are the better rads based on price, dont expect a screwfix bargain towel rail to look great in 10 years time.

all rads will fail if the heating system is installed badly, a cheap rad will outlast an expensive one if the installer has done a proper job of ensuring there are no micro leaks, the inhibitor levels are correct having flushed out the installation debris and flux. It becomes obvious which are the better rads based on price, dont expect a screwfix bargain towel rail to look great in 10 years time.

No, fair enough. the whole system is being renewed and we want to make sure we are getting quality things that will last,
we have researched as much as we possibly could about other areas, boiler, tanks etc so this is the next stage (other than the minefield of choosing a bathroom suites.

I have 6 cast iron rads, three towel rads and 24 regular rads to buy so i dont want to get anything wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators and online shopping question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock