Search the forum,

Discuss Rainwater Harvesting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rocky

Hi all

I would like to see a section dedicated to rainwater harvesting.

Apart from the fact that I'm thinking about setting up some sort of system in my house and would like to hear peoples tips/advice/experiences,I think its getting more relevant for plumbers now

Cheers rocky:)

simplessss take all the old cw tanks you remove and stick them on your Reinforced)flat roof if you have one, then pipe them to your wc(s) and sit down and c**p safe in the knowledge that your water meter aint running and this ones for free (no sewage charge), when you live in the SW and have the highest water sewage rates in the country, this is one option you try at the earliest opportunity. All you need is a second valve in your cistern to give you a proper air gap at not break any regs.

ive only ever seen one of these sysyems and it wasnt very good. Noisy pump and brown water in the 2 toilets? is this normal?

No, no reason water shouldnt be clear if caught and stored properly. Tanks must be free of light, use a negative hd pump to fill a secondary tank high up and no reason for noise etc

simplessss take all the old cw tanks you remove and stick them on your Reinforced)flat roof if you have one, then pipe them to your wc(s) and sit down and c**p safe in the knowledge that your water meter aint running and this ones for free (no sewage charge), when you live in the SW and have the highest water sewage rates in the country, this is one option you try at the earliest opportunity. All you need is a second valve in your cistern to give you a proper air gap at not break any regs.

Oldplumber

Do you mean to say that, that bunch of thieving sh1te hawks haven't got round to fitting water meters to rain water supplies yet ?its compulsory to fit a meter if any stored rain water is going to go down a public sewer over here, the only time that you do not need a metre is when the stored rainwater is used for garden purposes only or you are on septic tank drainage

S W W is the most incompetent bunch of money grabbing shyster bean counters going,I could fill a book on what they are like, just one example Liskeard office moved to Plymouth then it was moved to St Austel in the moves some idiot decided that they would not need any of the record drawings of where their water were, it finished up they had to wait for me to come back to Liskeard to ask me where their water main was in the village I lived in, it was only a 12" cast iron trunk main supplying West Looe and villages on the way down to West Looe and where I was it was running at 14 bar pressure, if that had gone it would have washed half the village away
If you know of any of the old inspectors ask them about the 60 cms PVC Cornwall spine main and why it had to be replaced with cast iron, after being in the ground for less than 15 years

class it as renewable energy and post it there, if it recieves attention will make it sticky for you. !

Oldplumber

Do you mean to say that, that bunch of thieving sh1te hawks haven't got round to fitting water meters to rain water supplies yet ?its compulsory to fit a meter if any stored rain water is going to go down a public sewer over here, the only time that you do not need a metre is when the stored rainwater is used for garden purposes only or you are on septic tank drainage

S W W is the most incompetent bunch of money grabbing shyster bean counters going,I could fill a book on what they are like, just one example Liskeard office moved to Plymouth then it was moved to St Austel in the moves some idiot decided that they would not need any of the record drawings of where their water were, it finished up they had to wait for me to come back to Liskeard to ask me where their water main was in the village I lived in, it was only a 12" cast iron trunk main supplying West Looe and villages on the way down to West Looe and where I was it was running at 14 bar pressure, if that had gone it would have washed half the village away
If you know of any of the old inspectors ask them about the 60 cms PVC Cornwall spine main and why it had to be replaced with cast iron, after being in the ground for less than 15 years

theyd have to use a big ladder to get on my roof and that would be against their H&S policy. Even BT who are supposed to know how to climb a ladder wont work on my roof as its over 3metres high, lol:eek:

hi rocky saw one on tv in dragons den irish version of course , but this inventor did not need any pump it all worked on gravity , well thought out the dragons laughed of course at it as they are a bunch of clowns , but maybe me and you could get a proto type going do you want to hear more and it cost pennies to set up . let me know col

dont need any pump for rainwater harvester

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rainwater Harvesting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock