Discuss Rayburn 460K won't ignite in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have the same model Rayburn here in my house. If you need me to look at anything on it, please feel free to ask

Thanks to everyone for all your advice. Got the Rayburn up and running over the weekend. Tested the pump delivery pressure which was all good at 5bar initial period with soft start on Boiler side and 10bar for cooker (no soft start). Checked the resistance across both ignition units at the electrodes and found no resistance on the boiler side. Removed the HT leads and re-checked across the ignition unit pins and found the same result. Fitted a new ignition unit to the boiler side which resolved the issue for the boiler. On the cooker side I found an issue with the photocell which I replaced and all working good now.

So ebi transformer had failed for boiler as I suspected but the photocell was at fault for cooker? If the cell detects false light or is faulty then the control box wont open coils and it goes to lockout.
You seem to have a good understanding but I'm curious do you have a flue gas analyser to set up correctly?

Reply to Rayburn 460K won't ignite in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock