Discuss Re routing toilet waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening all,
wonder if one of you might recommend a method for re-routing a toilet waste pipe. Basically I need to move a toilet waste from one corner of a bathroom to the other. Initially customer wanted the loo in one place which ran nicely in line with the joists. Now sadly they have re thought their plan and now the waste will be running though joists. I know with notching and drilling holes we are restricted with the size of a toilet waste. I just wondered if there was a clever alternative to running it on the surface and boxing in or using a macerator?

any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

When you say box below the floor do you mean slice the joist the support it with the boxing?

is the toilet to go on an external wall and is the soil stack internal or external? just wondering if you could run external, if toilet is internal wall could you run with joists to external?

No I new you couldn't put 4" through the joist. Basically that just leaves me boxed above the floor then. That's fine I just wondered if anyone had an alternative

No below the ceiling in the room below.

Or major structural work to trim out the joists so that it can be dropped under floor. But that's major work, temp supports whislt you cut out joists etc etc. Would need building regs approval I think due to the structural nature of the works.

Michael, yes external wall but internal stack. Where customer wants toilet will not run with joists as its the opposite corner to the stack

Cheers Simon, yeah that was my thinking too. Sad aint it, I've fitted loads of loos and have never had an issue with joists. Ah well I guess these things are sent to test us.

I wouldnt do it but you may still be able to run out and in again if upstairs toilet. I'd rather go with the boxing though, good luck mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re routing toilet waste pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi firstly no expert so apologies in advance but have a little bit of knowledge ( sometimes dangerous I know, lol) The wife is wanting to change...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Looking to 'crowd-source' some public opinion on this one. I bought a studio apartment on 30th September 2022 and I'm currently working with...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I am solo tenant living in a flat. The bathroom is a horror show. Black mould on tiles. Water has previously come in from the...
Replies
Views
Hi Just removed an old toilet and fitted a new push button cistern one. I had to re-route the supply water pipe over the waste pipe coming out of...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Back