Discuss Really high gas meter reading in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

novicegas

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

visited a customer this morning who has had a bill 7 times there normal usage! Leak test fine, standing pressure, gas rate of boiler and cooker absolutely fine. Meter looked fine too. I'm a bit stunned, any ideas?

I visited because he got the invoice from the power company who hit m=him with the high reading

How much is he payong for yur advice /tests?As above, what is he comparing it with?

If a pubter ph9ned me with that, i would point out that my commets are going to be pretty expensive, and if he is convinced he is right, he can pay a deposit and have his meter tested.

If nothing has changed with your customers system, no new boiler, replaced an electric cooker/hob for a gas one, hes got no leaks, his boiler is burning correctly, all thermostats are working correctly etc, then it can only be that he has just generally used more gas, his tariff has changed, his last year's bill was an estimated usage and this year's bill is an actual usage or a faulty meter.

How much is he paying for your advice /tests?
As above, what is he comparing it with?

If a punter phoned me with that, I would point out that my comments are going to be pretty expensive, and if he is convinced he is right, he can pay a deposit and have his meter tested.

I admit I wrote the original of the above.
I should never use a phone for this stuff.
I have edited it here, as this pathetic forum does not allow later editing.

Reply to Really high gas meter reading in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi just been to check a family members boiler and I’m getting just over 25mbar working pressure at the meter and 22mbar inlet pressure at the...
Replies
Views
I had a boiler check today all went well, and then he went to check on the gas meter which is in my larder in the kitchen high up on the wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
Anyone familiar with servicing SIME Format 30HE? I had to shut down a boiler today as it was using far too much gas and I was unable to identify...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water...
Replies
Views
Back