Search the forum,

Discuss Receive a PM from a first time poster yet others are included? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
As above really, received the pm this morning and see that ShaunCorbs & Stigster are listed as Conversation Participants!

What`s that all about then?

Normal mate guess people are too scared to post / don't want to

Have it once a week

He is going to have to start a thread in the open forum now if he want`s answers, this is what a forum is about to me.
PM`s are for friends to communicate with.

OP, there is no need to identify yourself on this thread, start again and get the full benefit of the members here.

This never happened on the old forum. Nobody in the past ever started a secret group chat, (but occasionally I had private messages from new members).
Somebody must have altered this forum to point new folk to this method of avoiding using the open forum. Surely this goes against the forum?
Group chat has happened to me a few times I think and I did reply.
Confused me that I seemed to be communicating by pms with I believe a small group of people.
Why the OP can't put it on open forum is beyond me, even should they then mention the Usernames of their targeted people if they wished.
We should just reply with a request they post on forum.

This never happened on the old forum. Nobody in the past ever started a secret group chat, (but occasionally I had private messages from new members).
Somebody must have altered this forum to point new folk to this method of avoiding using the open forum. Surely this goes against the forum?
Group chat has happened to me a few times I think and I did reply.
Confused me that I seemed to be communicating by pms with I believe a small group of people.
Why the OP can't put it on open forum is beyond me, even should they then mention the Usernames of their targeted people if they wished.
We should just reply with a request they post on forum.
That`s exactly what I did Best and they offered an explanation then posted the question again in the open forum so all`s cool now.

lol, that is kind of what I was thinking at the time, guess I`m suspicious now since I found out some of my PM`s were being deleted due to the content some months back.
(don`t ask ok, just don`t ask cos I can`t tell)

Fortuitous though about contacts. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Receive a PM from a first time poster yet others are included? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that didn't flush properly, and had become corroded and unsightly. I figured I'd get a plumber in to do it (after a couple of years apologising to guests for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Recently had a new heating system and unvented hot-water cylinder installed (conversion from vented with tank). Everything is working fine despite the installation being rushed at times. The 'main' guy (not the installer) from the company I used (with very good ratings) - can work with...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was hoping to get some replies from Members about whether this is happening to anyone else: When I logged into the Forum this afternoon and went to look down...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock