Discuss Recommendation on Vailant combi model and a few other items. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Ziad

Seasons Greetings to all.......please can you give me you're expert opinion of brands and models etc for my following requirement (will be doing a complete replacement of my 20year existing boiler/CH system in Jan)

1) Which Vailant combi model would be suitable for a 2 bed medium sized ground floor flat, 2 sinks, 1 x towel rad, 4 x double thickness rads (shower is electric). Its a poorly insulated flat with cavity walls (and marble flooring throughout)...so good CH is a main priority.
2) Radiators & TRVs - which quality brands/model would you recommend - am going for double thickness rads rather than a single long run in each room.
3) Room Thermostat - ideally would want a wireless one
4) Do i need a gas pipe upgrade? - the existing Valiant combi has been there for approx 20years and the main gas inlet into the flat is approx 2 - 3 metres away from the boiler. Do the new boilers need a larger (diameter) gas pipe feed? If so, what mm pipe?
5) Boiler Filter - would like a filter that has both mechanical and magnetic filtering ability.
6) Live in a very hard water area (in west london) - what type of water softner product would you recommend to be fitted to the incoming cold mains? Preferably a low maintenance one.
7) Is it advisable to powerflush the existing system prior to dismantling & replacing it so as to get all the crud out of the pipework?

Im just doing this a my own little research before i go out for quotes. Many thanks in advance of all advice.

1) if you don't have a bath or shower a 24kw might do.

2) I use stelrad rads and Honeywell trvs ( rads need sizing by your engineer)

3) Honeywell room stat, I would advise wired over wireless if you can

4) gas pipe upgrade, don't know as not on site, needs to be done by engineers on site

5) I use magnaclean pro 2s

6) combi mate,

7) it's more than advisable it's essential, cleaner could be put in a week before then a hot power flush done.

Would be a good idea if you got some heating engineers round to discuss your needs and give you a quote.

As above. Get your quotes then come back to us. You're getting a touch too in depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommendation on Vailant combi model and a few other items. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back