Discuss Recommended temperature on hot water tank in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All
I hope you are doing well.
I have this water tank for hot water heated by a Baxi boiler or electrical heater.
What is the recommended temperature on it? I see Danfoss ATC written near the knob.
Is it what the end-user wants or there is a reason behind 50 or 60 Centigrade?
I think it was set to 60 initially but I don't like scalding water so I set it to 40 but then a plumber came over and upped it to 50.
Thank you

40*C in the danger zone for legionella growth. IMO, even 50°C is too low for stored water unless there is a periodic disinfection cycle.

Best practice is to store DHW at 60°C and fit thermostatic mixing valve(s) at the point of delivery to reduce the temperature to between 41°C and 44°C at the point of delivery.

Further information in the TMVA 'Recommended Code of Practice for Safe Water Temperatures' (2020 edn):

Reply to Recommended temperature on hot water tank in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock