Search the forum,

Discuss Reconfiguring 2 X toilet outlets and 1 X bath outlet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Preview​

Hi
I need to move my existing external toilet and bath outlets due to having a rear extension built and they foul the roofline.
After advice / opinions on my preferred option which I have included as a sketch.
My main concern is:
1, If I'll need air admittance valves and where they need to be positioned - if I do need them.
2, And whether it would ok / advisable to connect the bath outlet to the proposed toilet outlet....
Just to confirm the existing soil stack is vented correctly above roof level.

Any help / advice / criticism gratefully received.
Cheers Tony

Attachments

• IMG_20210129_100623.jpg
    IMG_20210129_100623.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 23
That looks fine, won’t need aav.

I would not connect the bath waste into the toilet outlet unless you can use a short boss pipe with the boss on the top of the ‘horizontal’ 4” ie don’t connect into the side of this pipe.
I suspect this may be too high for the bath waste , in which case run it separately and boss into stack lower down.

No need for air admittance valves if stack is correctly vented.
Maybe look at using a access bend where it turns into stack give some rodding access.
I would personally connect the bath waste into the soil stack unless you could get bath connection into top of toilet float which would make bath waste unusually high.

Thanks for the replies. Glad you both agree no aav required.
Good tip about providing access bend - thank you.
I'm really struggling to get the bath waste directly into the stack - but agree not a good idea to connect into the horizontal 110mm soil pipe after the toilet.
But I have thought about the below:

I've attached another quick sketch showing where it could go - apologies for the back of *** packet look....
Appreciate not really designed for this but your thoughts appreciated on it as long as it's a good secure fit.

Attachments

• IMG_20210130_124315.jpg
    IMG_20210130_124315.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 15
Can you take it through ensuite and outside wall then into stack?
If it needs a vertical drop outside you should consider going up a pipe size and/or including a vent pipe (bit old school)

Can you take it through ensuite and outside wall then into stack?
If it needs a vertical drop outside you should consider going up a pipe size and/or including a vent pipe (bit old school)
Can't really do that as just not enough room in the WC unit due to the required 110mm junctions, the toilet outlet levels, and the proximity of the outside stack.
Could this work instead:

What about original plan with 135° branch for bath and single waste adapter, angled up as much as is practical.
Think that's my best stab without more major work but still not loving it

Yeah agree - not ideal but options limited. Only saving grace is pipework is easily accessible so if any problems fairly straightforward to resolve - hopefully!
Why do you prefer the 135 branch with single adapter in the middle of the bathroom run as opposed to the same adaptor at the end of the ensuite run?
Added to sketch if I've got your idea right.... There is enough room as sketch not to scale

Attachments

• 16120193644324442224014583356522.jpg
    16120193644324442224014583356522.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 9
Less joints in the pan connector option so that has merit.
TBH I recon if it were my job and I had to guarantee the work, then I'd find a way to get it outside.

Reply to Reconfiguring 2 X toilet outlets and 1 X bath outlet in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock