Discuss Red and brown plugs ..radiator fixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I pre-emptively got a cartridge of rawlplug styrene free wall anchor, before moving a radiator recently. The walIs... stone with rubble in-fill and an inch or so of lime plaster and render.
Several failed holes later, I used the epoxy anchor. Worked really well, but could’ve done with some compatible fixings other a than a bit of stud and nuts that I had to hand. Unsure what would’ve worked and still be de-mountable otherwise. The stuff I bought was the cheapest I could find at about a fiver a pop, I don’t think it keeps too well so it’s a bit of a one shot deal.
With plugs generally, I’ve found going 1/2 mm less for the recommended masonry bit, then using a ‘toffee’ (that’s anything other than a lump hammer) hammer to tap the plug into the wall well below the skim to the point where you need to unscrew the screw. Doesn’t work so well with engineering bricks though, end up shearing your screws, use the right bit same goes in limestone.

Reply to Red and brown plugs ..radiator fixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock