Discuss Red Diesel Oil Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitchellplumber

Have a customer out in the sticks looking to install a boiler running off of red diesel.. Has anybody done this or know what the best boiler is? Plus this place get's to -20. Will the Red diesel freeze?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Any boiler that has a Nuway burner can be converted. Just a nozzle and pump change I think

It won't be a condensing boiler then, I know for definite the Worcester HE's won't, too much crud in the fuel, messes up the condensing unit.

Why does he want to run it on red rather than kero?

Not sure if its illegal if used for agriculture. I've seen it done before, but I've never done it myself. That is a fair point Simon! It's to be hooked up along side a bio-mass boiler with accumulator tank. It's a head-ache already without throwing this in with it! lol

thats illegal aint it?.

Depends what paperwork you fill out. There's many a boiler round my way running on red, I don't mind, serviced twice a year :) , pump runs at higher pressure so more prone to issues and I find they get really hacky. There's no real benefit anymore as the red and kero are roughly the same price.

:aureola:Just kidding. The boilers "around your way" are they condensing?

:aureola:Just kidding. The boilers "around your way" are they condensing?

Not the ones on the red. Did one a couple of years ago, burst boiler, whipped in a new condensing boiler and went to connect oil line and found it was red. Commisioned it out of a can whilst customer went and got hold of 2 50 gallon drums of kero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Red Diesel Oil Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock