Discuss Reduced pressure by using 2 combi mates in parallel? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VinnyD

Hi all. New boiler and heating cylinder going in. Ive just put a blue pipe in from the OSV to the main riser in the house. I wanted to fit a combi mate but was worried about pressure being reduced. I was advised to fit 2 in parallel which would ensure there was no issue on pressure. Someone else has since contradicted that statement. Anyone confirm or deny that will work from experience? Many Thanks.

I have not been able to find a 22 mm combimate anywhere. Do you know where I can get one from?

If your putting a cylinder in then why are you using a combimate? Or am I missing something?

To reduce scale at source, this protecting whole house...appliances, taps, etc. Well thats my logic anyway. Let me know if theres a flaw in my plan.

If the balls aren't replaced as required they break doiwn into a paste and can cause lots of problems downstream, had to change a few plate's as a result of this.

Personal choice. I'm not a fan of water softeners at all. From my own experience, complete waste of money. Had one put in on a new system in my first house and had to replace the cylinder 7 years later as it was all scaled up. I'm not saying that is typical, and am sure some people are happy with them, but my own experience and stories I've heard from some others, means I'm going down this route.

I used a large magnet type scale reducer on my combi in Portsmouth (hard water city) years ago and it worked a treat. you could drink the water, no need for recharging it each year and the combi never clogged, Im a fan of those now despite some comments

I can't genuinely see how they work. The last softener I put in, was in a converted hospital. Great big house, with a boiler room the size of my bedroom. Two massive Megaflows, linked, and this big, singing dancing, bleeping magnetic scale reducer. The bloke had obviously spend a fortune on this place, and he said the scale reducer did nothing, and hence why he wanted me to fit the softener.

Interesting to hear someone having success with one, as they sure are easier to install, and cheaper.

like i said a magnetic one worked a treat for me, from memory they are supposed to take the soluble calcium that is liable to scaling and stop it fm doing so. Worked for me in a 4 yr period of usage, and now I dont bother a devon water is soft as heck

We fit softeners in all the larger houses as standard and the women notice the difference. Does wonders for their hair and skin apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reduced pressure by using 2 combi mates in parallel? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a new shower which works well, however if you open a hot tap anywhere else in the house the shower runs cold, however...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock