Discuss reduced water pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevinp968

can anyone help ..i replaced a dripping ball cock valve today - turned the low pressure off at the stopcock all went well but now very little pressure in the downstairs toilet and tap, just a dribble? Pressure is fine upstairs? Any ideas? ty

Have you a basin in the with the toilet downstairs, as you said the preesure is good upstairs, what about the kitchen tap?

When you replace it, did you do it properly? is mains cold water to the toilet?

I have a wc and a sink downstairs both are very low pressure now. Both feed off the cold water tank in the loft - strangely, also feeding off the loft in the upstairs bathroom the tap and wc are fine. Thank you for your comments. If it is an airlock how do i get rid of this. Thee is a drain tap I notice under the sink on the downstairs tap.

....bazaar .. ideas appreciated

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a wc and a sink downstairs both are very low pressure now. Both feed off the cold water tank in the loft - strangely, also feeding off the loft in the upstairs bathroom the tap and wc are fine. Thank you for your comments. If it is an airlock how do i get rid of this. Thee is a drain tap I notice under the sink on the downstairs tap.

....bazaar .. ideas appreciated

Kevin

This is how i would do it -

get a short piece of hose enough for you to stand at the basin tap and to be in a stading position. Cut about 1/2 an inch down the hose at one end. This should then be able to fit around the outlet of the cold tap in the downstairs w/c room.

whilst holding the hose to the outlet open it fully and then you can blow very hard down the pipe. this should push the water or air if no water is present up to the airlock. let the pressure go and hopefully you should start hearing a gurgling sound. do this may be 3-4 times. if it doesnt work, open the tap upstairs and go down and repeat the process.

all your doing is trying to move the air which has 'locked'.

if it doesnt move it call a plumber in!! as he/she will have to work with the mains to push it through.

PS - be carefull when your blowing as your head will become 'fuzzy' and you could feel funny if you blow to hard.

PPS - good luck, let me know how you get on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. If blowing up the tap fails and the mains connection is to far away to blow mains up the tap. Cut yourself 3 or 4 foot of hose (open offending tap) visit the cold water storage cistern push one end of the hose down the problem cold feed and the other against the out let from the ball valve ( I bit of rag may be handy) push the float down, try to direct as much of the mains water down the feed as is possible. Have some one in the cloak room conveying progress. Good Luck

Thank you to all the responses, after thinking this through with your ideas at the mixer tap downstairs where the pressure was low I blocked the mixer tap and opened the hot and then opened the cold and flushed the toilet ...after some gurgeling(?) it has done the trick.

Much appreciated,

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to reduced water pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock