Search the forum,

Discuss Regulations regarding pipes through external walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

centralheatking

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
This is a specific question. We all know that gas supply MUST be sleeved when passing thro walls esp external brick block etc. Boiler flues are ok because the outside air always is around the outside
of the nasty gas output.
Now what is the situation regarding
1. Condensate outflow ...as it is regarded as part of the flue ? should it also be sleeved ?
2. The blow off terminal from the prv on a sealed system ...must this be sleeved as well ?

My books are a bit outdated so maybe you fellas can update me please ...have a good weekend
Rob Foster aka centralheatking....

Overflow for condensate should be upsized before it goes outside
I don’t believe there any regs to say it must then be sleeved
Or that 15mm copper for a PRV or outside tap must be sleeved

Probably good practice to sleeve copper from prv from any system, copper is supposed to be attacked or can suffer from building movement. Agree with @scott_d with regards the condense pipe.

Reply to Regulations regarding pipes through external walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock