Discuss relocate an existing boiler, shall i submit the job? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
a landlord is going to do an extension, therefore would like to relocate a boiler, the boiler is only 3 years old so he wants to keep it, so if i do the job, shall i submit the job to gas safe? cheers

No requirement as it's not a new appliance?? If your moving it into extension it has to be a rated. If not must be new boiler . Then u need to notify. I would notify old one still only costs pennies.

No requirement as it's not a new appliance?? If your moving it into extension it has to be a rated. If not must be new boiler . Then u need to notify. I would notify old one still only costs pennies.

dont think it has to be a rated refitting old boiler is ok . but do ring gas safe they will know , but pls come back and let us know

I would just move it. Providing nothing compromises safety, nobody is going to care! It 3 years old so definitely condensing, can't see a problem!?

When you move a boiler you are supposed to notify it.
Call gas safe and they will confirm this.
Even if it is an old B rated boiler - they give you some special code for that.

Having moved the boiler you do not need to do a new CP12 because they last 12 months.
Landlord just need to keep a record that you as a qualified gas man moved it.
However - it would seem to make good business sense to get new CP12 done while you are there.

I know very little useful info to ever post in this forum but this is something I do know :)
deborah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to relocate an existing boiler, shall i submit the job? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back