Discuss Remote boiler control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I have a holiday let above my garage. The boiler (oil fired), hot water tank (heated by the boiler) and controls/programer are in the garage. I'm looking for a way to allow guests some control over the heating/hot water. I've looked at wireless units but none seem to have a hot water function. Ideally something like two of these in the flat would be great as they can’t leave the heating/water on when out or asleep.

timeguard-tgbt5-main.jpg

Would they work in this system? Bypassing the existing control unit somehow maybe?

Existing control unit

IMG_20170328_202041.jpg

Thanks

Google nest, get a nest pro to install it and you can control it remotely if the place has wifi. Does water and heating and also sends you a monthly report on how much you have used each month

Hi all.

I have a holiday let above my garage. The boiler (oil fired), hot water tank (heated by the boiler) and controls/programer are in the garage. I'm looking for a way to allow guests some control over the heating/hot water. I've looked at wireless units but none seem to have a hot water function. Ideally something like two of these in the flat would be great as they can’t leave the heating/water on when out or asleep.

View attachment 29575

Would they work in this system? Bypassing the existing control unit somehow maybe?

Existing control unit

View attachment 29576

Thanks

I would leave the water on constant as you will be using hot water as well, and get separate controls fitted for heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remote boiler control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back