Search the forum,

Discuss repair 13 year old Vaillant for £700 or buy new one for £3100 inc labour in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on Vaillant Ecotec, Full service of boiler and safety check.' Symptoms - it turns on on its own accord, hot water is lukewarm, he says the expansion vessel is full of water, showed me it when he pressed down on it and water spurted out, says it's likely not been serviced in all that time, hence why it hasn't lasted longer than 13 years. He's then saying a replacement Vaillant, with 10 year guarantee, is £3100 + VAT inc labour. He is right in saying it's not really worth repairing one that age and with a poor service record, but is that how much a replacement costs? Thoughts very much appreciated.

The price of the Vaillant ecoTEC plus 832 is typically £1,350, including VAT.
so the price is OTT
get a new qoute from some one else. or may be two.

Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on Vaillant Ecotec, Full service of boiler and safety check.' Symptoms - it turns on on its own accord, hot water is lukewarm, he says the expansion vessel is full of water, showed me it when he pressed down on it and water spurted out, says it's likely not been serviced in all that time, hence why it hasn't lasted longer than 13 years. He's then saying a replacement Vaillant, with 10 year guarantee, is £3100 + VAT inc labour. He is right in saying it's not really worth repairing one that age and with a poor service record, but is that how much a replacement costs? Thoughts very much appreciated.
The price of the Vaillant ecoTEC plus 832 is typically £1,350, including VAT.
so the price is OTT
get a new qoute from some one else. or may be two.
Should have added this is what his price gets me… Replacement of combi boiler for Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 to be installed in the existing position to manufactures instructions, a scale reducer and magnetic filter will be installed to protect the boiler and the system will be powerflushed. Boiler comes with a 10 year manufactures warranty. Gas pipe will be upgraded to 22mm where neccesary.

Just something to think vaillant fixed price repair comes out at £275 plus vat cheaper option

Thanks so much ShaunCorbs - great shout that, it's now £399, but the chap himself said with correct servicing every year there's no reason why these Vaillant can't go on for more years. So why can't mine with the right support plan? Is there any website you'd suggest for the service and maybe where I'm covered for any issues as well?

Thanks so much ShaunCorbs - great shout that, it's now £399, but the chap himself said with correct servicing every year there's no reason why these Vaillant can't go on for more years. So why can't mine with the right support plan? Is there any website you'd suggest for the service and maybe where I'm covered for any issues as well?

£330

And tbh finding a good service engineer is key but vaillant may offer a service contract for x a month and they will also repair if you sign up for 12 months etc worth an ask

Reply to repair 13 year old Vaillant for £700 or buy new one for £3100 inc labour in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock