Discuss Repairing a leaking cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Viscous

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Enjoyed Ray's little wind-up this morning :grin:. To business though: I've come across an economy 7 direct fortic that's leaking (well, dripping) from a pinhole in the bottom. Priced up a replacement - £600! Now I've heard of people who say that they've repaired cylinders from Araldite-ing a patch plate on to soldering in a copper nail. I'd value anyone else's experience with this kind of repair

Enjoyed Ray's little wind-up this morning :grin:. To business though: I've come across an economy 7 direct fortic that's leaking (well, dripping) from a pinhole in the bottom. Priced up a replacement - £600! Now I've heard of people who say that they've repaired cylinders from Araldite-ing a patch plate on to soldering in a copper nail. I'd value anyone else's experience with this kind of repair

How much? What size is it?

I can't help with the repair, but that price sounds highish.

Glad you enjoyed my little prank. :) Perhaps a square cylinder to replace... :)

are you willing to put your name on a bit of araldite, cos youll be who they chase when the ceiling falls down

Ray - Plumbcentre, about the only place I've found one. Others online but no cheaper. Not a biggun, 40/115 ltr. Lame - see your point

Ray - Plumbcentre, about the only place I've found one. Others online but no cheaper. Not a biggun, 40/115 ltr. Lame - see your point

I make that a 1200 x 450 E7 Fortic then? £600 is robbery.
highwayman.jpg

Delivered to your door for half that price.

Might have yourself a deal there Ray, if I can square it with the custard! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Repairing a leaking cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock