Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Replacementment for dead Potterton Flamingo RS40 in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. bongolia

bongolia New Member

My old Potterton Flamingo 40 has just died. It was supplying 5 rads and water, with an immersion heater, to a 2 bed flat with one bathroom. Everything is on one floor in a first floor flat in London SW2. There's a header tank in the loft. Which is the best new boiler to get and how much should I expect to pay for the purchase and installation?

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Depends what you want to do

Either like for like replacement (heat only)

Or switch the system to a combi

Depends on budget

3. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

Hi bongolia. I mean if it's a flat on ground floor then not handy having a tank in the attic so best if do away with heat only I reckon and it saves your pipework going up through your upstairs neighbours to get to attic tank . for 2 bed I'd defo advise combi but price and make is a huge variation . I'm based north of Scotland and my price would be massively different to your local engineers. I like to give all my customers boilers with 10year warranties with wireless controls . I like the ideal vogue with there weather compensator or baxi .. but every engineer will give u different manufacturer .. as for prices we can really say on open forums I don't think.