Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Replacing a Room Thermostat: Honeywell linked to a Horstmann 425 Coronet Programmer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mosscliffe

I would like to replace my very old Honeywell Room Stat. I do not know the model number, but it is square and has a large dial and that is all, except the temperature variations between ON and OFF seem far too large.

I would like to fit one of the new programmable room stats and leave my Horstmann 425 Coronet on the 24 hours setting.

I was thinking about the Horstmann DTR2 ProgrammableThermostat, as that seemed quite flexible and most importantly had a 1 Hour setting and was also quite cheap.

I will have to use the original wires to the Honeywell Room Stat.

My question is - will I be able to wire the DTR2 stat with the existing wires to the Honeywell stat?

My original plan was to replace the Room Stat with a Wireless Programmer and then use a wireless room stat, which I could move as required, but that seemed to be complicated and I would have probably needed more wires than I had available. If this is possible, I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Richard

Re: Replacing a Room Thermostat: Honeywell linked to a Horstmann 425 Coronet Programm

Hi,
Check the wires in old r/stat, should be a live, switched live, neutral & may be an earth. Usually a diagragm inside stat case.
To fit new prog r/stat, fit live to common, switched to normally open [nc], cut back neutral cap/tape & same for earth. Not required.
Then test with multimeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing a Room Thermostat: Honeywell linked to a Horstmann 425 Coronet Programmer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock