Discuss Return to plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just wondering how the industry is at the moment (i.e is there much work).

I quit self employed plumbing 3 months ago, as after a year of studying I managed to get an office job in the finance department of a big company. I though I had made up my mind that I no longer wanted to be a plumber and I would study to be an accountant, but 3 months in and im missing the freedom of being out and about (also self employment).

Would I be crazy to jack it in and return to plumbing??

been very quiet this week, been thinking of going back to accountancy and being a bursar :)

Nothing positive to say so I'll leave it like that...!

Do what makes you happy? Bit of a contradiction....

In answer to your OP, I don't think the situation has changed much in the last year.

There is plenty of work about, but there are also plenty of people chasing it. I think new build is a bit busier that it was last year, but the domestic market is much the same. The upturn in new build is probably not doing much more than cancelling out the reduction in Eco-scheme work.

Same-oh same-oh I reckon.

Grass is always greener syndrome. Write down pros and cons to each role and decide from there. At least you have an informed opinion on both roles. Decide what's most important to you (ie being out and about, secure wage ) and compare those aspects to the pro's in both roles.
One thing I would say is 3 months is a very short time to get cold feet. It may well be worth giving it a year and then at least you've given it a good go, especially as you've trained up specifically to do the job. The good thing is you've got your trade to fall back on were as most accounts have only got their huge bank balances to do so!

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Return to plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock