Discuss Reviving a Tap: Stubborn Tap Head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rayleigh

Hi

I have trouble with reviving a leaky tap. the tap head just wouldn't come off with an adjustable wrench. (It slips off the wrench.) Would a Ring Spanner be of more help?? What are the other things I can try?
P1010120.jpg
P1010118.jpg

Cheers
Ray

a deep socket set might do it
do you have a set of grips or stillsons?

Get your self a good set of pipe/water pump pliers/grips will do the job

I have just got a standard pliers which hasn't got much grip at all. What kind of grips should i be getting? water pump pliers or mole grips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reviving a Tap: Stubborn Tap Head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Please can you help. I’m trying to replace the cartridge on our monobloc kitchen mixer tap. I’ve found the secret hexnut and removed the handle...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock