Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Reworking kitchen sink piping in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Stevenh

Stevenh New Member

Looking to rework undersink pipes to eventually replace kitchen tap and add a separate water filter system.
    The current piping is mostly done with solder joints including the kitchen tap tail, is it ok to remove all of this and replace with compression tees?
    The cold water line is feeding the following:
    - dishwasher
    - washing machine
    - garden tap
    - kitchen tap
    and if I add in a water filter system that will be 5 connections, so this would involve linking a number of tee pieces. If I'm using compression fittings, then I assume I need to cut some copper pipe to join the tee pieces together? Is there a better way of doing this?
    Thanks

Steven

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes but will cost you the services of a plumber

If you want to do it your self and can't solder compress tees are fine but a bit bulky what ever you choose don't put compression joints behind the units (e.g. No access to them afterwards)

3. Stevenh

Stevenh New Member

Yeh that's what I was thinking as the solder joints are a lot more compact the compression ones looks messy and bulky... but means I can relatively take parts apart later if needed...
    The way the current tap is done is that the tail goes straight down onto a solder tee where it splits off so I don't think there's any way to remove the tap without cutting pipe... All new taps I've seen these days seem to come with flexible tails, can those screw directly onto a compression tee or do I need a coupler?

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

5. Stevenh

Stevenh New Member

That's great thanks!