Discuss Riello Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ronnielmills

Hi there,
I'm having problems with my heating system. About two months ago the heating was turned down as I was going on holidays. I came back after two weeks to find the heating had stopped totally!!! I call a boiler engineer, who after changing the "spark plug" in the the boiler got it working again. Next thing the kitchen radiator burst. This was replaced then an upstairs radiator burst. This was deactivated then a few days later the heating stopped again!!! The bolier engineer told me it was due to a lack of pressure in the system and to let more water in. Did this.....then the bathroom radiator burst!!! This was changed and all seemed ok until I noticed all the radiators starting to cool from the top. I let more water into the system and bled the radiators( with the heating off) and yes...you've guessed it another radiator burst!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON????? The system is only 15 years old.
Can anyone suggest any possible causes of fixes???

'Only' 15 years old!

Afraid it's a coincidence my friend. Radiators are made of pressed steel, are in constant contact with water and will suffer corrosion over time. I'm afraid you've just had a run of bad luck.

And welcome to the forums!

When you say burst are they acually splitting or just rusting out?

If splitting I would want to know that the expansion vessel / line and rpressure relief valve are ok.

If rusting out then was corosion inhibitor added and kept corectly dosed?

somethings wrong there what pressure u setting it to is the pressure gauge ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock