Discuss room thermostat problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alan-s-j

I have a conventional boiler Ideal RS50. Firstly i replaced the room thermostat from a Honeywell T6060 to a Sunvic TLX 9201. After following wiring instructions i encountered my first problem as the heating came on but then would not turn off, even if turned off at the control panel. After re-checking the wiring a trip switch tripped on the main fuse board (making a big bang) and now the central heating does not work at all, but the hot water appears to be fine. Have since tried installing a Drayton RTS 1. Tried to put a meter over the room thermostat points but no voltage.

Not sure of best way of tackling - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

disconnect room stat, put meter on buzzer and try to turn heating up then down, should buzz shouldnt buzz, first check for a room stat. i fear with a big bang it could be worse than this though

Trying to figure out wiring. Have 3 wires. Red,blue and yellow. Is it possible the mid position actuator has blown when the circuit breaker tripped? The pump seems to kick in when hot water is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to room thermostat problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock