Search the forum,

Discuss Rothenberger RP50 problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone had any experience with one of these?
I now have one where after only a couple of pumps it locks up and won't pump anymore.
Any ideas as to why?

admittedly i dont own the rp50 but i too have issues with the rp30 version. Mine seemingly seized? although a bit of brute force and the a good old kick did the trick. Must admit im not overly impressed with the quality for the money?

Last edited:
The RP50 is a good piece of kit. I have a couple of RP30's, not a patch on the RP50 though. Spare parts are easily available at a decent price but this locking up business has me stuck.

have you stripped it ? might be a split o ring catching

I haven't removed the plunger but I have taken everything else to bits. Split o ring around the plunger perhaps? Could this cause it to lock up? Got other rp50's where the o ring around the plunger leaks to buggery but still pumps perfectly.

I haven't removed the plunger but I have taken everything else to bits. Split o ring around the plunger perhaps? Could this cause it to lock up? Got other rp50's where the o ring around the plunger leaks to buggery but still pumps perfectly.

maybe and if the tolerances are that tight it doesnt need much

Its bewildering that a metalic box with a little leaver hand pump and a pressure gauge costs 250 quid. Surely it they can manufacture it for about a tenner

Mine locked up a few yrs back and seem to remember a non return type valve with a ball bearing in it being faulty
But can't be sure if I repaired it or replaced it

Could be a sprung loaded ball in the nrv where the spring is damaged. ?

Mine locked up a few yrs back and seem to remember a non return type valve with a ball bearing in it being faulty
But can't be sure if I repaired it or replaced it

There is an aspirator at the base of the plunger which has a plastic ball in it. I replaced this with another (from another pump that worked) but no joy.

Last edited:
Its bewildering that a metalic box with a little leaver hand pump and a pressure gauge costs 250 quid. Surely it they can manufacture it for about a tenner

You can get rp50's for £80 without the rothy branding on and rp30's for about £50 if i remember rightly.
Let me know if you want to know where from.

You can get rp50's for £80 without the rothy branding on and rp30's for about £50 if i remember rightly.
Let me know if you want to know where from.

Seen these on e-bay. Chinese I think?

I have one sitting in the garage, only used it once to prove a point. I`ll find it tomorrow and take a photo, yours dirt cheap if you want it.

Seen these on e-bay. Chinese I think?

I got mine from aim tools in slough last year for £80, just checked, there £96 now but I think you can still get them on ebay for £80.

They are Chinese yes, but as far as I can remember as I havnt used a rothy branded one in a few years its identical, so I presume its the same as the rothhenberger one as I know rothenberger don't actually manufacture anything, just rebrand.

I had a toolstation one the small rothenberger copy. It took about half an hour to fill 4 cast iron rads during which several bolts came loose lol. Promtly returned to toolstation.

I had a toolstation one the small rothenberger copy. It took about half an hour to fill 4 cast iron rads during which several bolts came loose lol. Promtly returned to toolstation.
Haha, doesn't sound too good :0

Isn't there a filter at the inlet of the tube that takes water from the tank?

I had problems with mine and just removed the filter - with the intention to replace.
Never replaced it though - still works fine.

See [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/tools-consumables/tools/testing-equipment/plumbing-testing/tt40-pressure-testing-pump.html"]this link[/DLMURL] for a similar product at £69.99+vat

Tests up to 40 bar and comes with a 2 year warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberger RP50 problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock