Search the forum,

Discuss Rough Price Check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Gents,

13 radiator S-Plan heating system. Gas meter already in the house but no CH system already. Airing cupboard to decommission. New unvented cylinder and boiler going in the attached garage side by side. Appreciate you can't give an accurate price without seeing a job but what would be a ball park figure for doing this in a 4 bed house that's not being lived in yet (labour only, I can obviously price materials myself). I'm curious what others would charge to do a top quality job.

Thanks,

Keiran.

What you doing it in copper ???? And just you ?

hi, yes all copper. 3 drops chased into wall and rendered by us. 3 of us including myself on the job.

hi, yes all copper. 3 drops chased into wall and rendered by us. 3 of us including myself on the job.

All new hot and cold Pipework as well ?

Nope just connecting into the existing initially, runs of about 5m from existing pipework to the cylinder position, all in the garage area so no lifting floorboards etc for them.

I've got the job, it's just he accepted so quick I think I've underpriced it!

i was thinking about £4k now im doubting myself after seeing other prices

labour only for a week i was thinking + vat

Last edited:
labour only for a week i was thinking + vat

was thinking

unvented 2-3 days
boiler hang and pipe / flue 1 day
first fix 2 days
hang rads 1 day
second fix/ snag 1 day
gas 1 day

I quoted £2.5k + Vat inc. electrica etc. I figure 10 man days of work basically.

Not being funny team of 3 would crash right into that in am empty house , 1 long day wouldn't surprise me if most plumbing would be done.

Fair point but I don't do long days any more. Or working flat out any more. What's the point I say! Need to find more work to keep myself busy.

Finished a very similar install last week, all brand new as had storage heaters before.
I quoted £5450, and got the job, and was told I was one of the cheapest lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rough Price Check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock